Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Stress, tickets and holidays

Getting organised can sometimes prove to be rather difficult especially when it's cold and raining outside and the only thing you want to do is snuggle up in bed, read a good book and drink a cup of hot chocolate. A nice thought, but just because it's freezing doesn't mean work is going to stop.
Six more weeks until holiday time. I can't remember the last time I had a decent holiday, one that lasted more than four days anyway. Over two years ago at least. So this year I am taking three weeks of at Christmas to go to Australia to visit my parents and friends.

Buying tickets has caused me more stressed than I anticipated. I can't believe how much the tickets flactuate on a day to day basis. Seven thousand, ten thousand, sixteen thousand zloty and more for an economy class ticket. Each week I checked the price was going up, up and up again. At one point I thought my holiday was not going to happen.

Luckily last week I found normal priced tickets at 5000zloty per person return via Frankfurt. Unfortunately from Warsaw they cost a ridiculous amount more which is difficult to understand because a flight from Warsaw to Frankfurt return costs approximately 500 zloty per person.

Next time I will be better prepared and book the tickets far in advance in order to make the most of the savings available. It's very helpful to use an agent to organise the tickets but it might be even cheaper to get them online direct from the airlines. The best places to look for ticket prices is skyscanner.pl, individual airline websites and using search engines to type in what you're after if you're not sure of specific sites.

The holiday is long overdue. I can't wait to relax and bathe in the sun. It'll be a hot Christmas this year. Now with the tickets purchased I can stop worrying and start preparing for my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment