Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A quick update

Session 1 of Uni starts today. Master of Communications. OK, I am a little bit worried. After having a look through the course content and assignment requirements my pulse quickened. How in the world am I going to manage this and everything else I have on my plate?
Ten minutes later I am a little bit calmer, though I know that there is a lot of work ahead of me. I'm still trying to decide whether I made the right decision taking up this course. I hope so. I think so.

For the first time in like a month I went running today. It felt great. Why have I neglected my running routine? A lot has been happening. But now with spring in the air, it's time to start running again. No more excuses!

The Lent sacrifice of chocolate and sweets is working well. Two weeks down. Four to go. Surprisingly, I haven't experienced any cravings even when people were eating chocolate and chocolate brownies in front of me. Could I be cured of chocolism or is this just a phase and I'll be back to consuming it every day after Easter?

Query letters. Don't you love those? Yeah. It's a love and hate thing definitely. My aim is to write 100 before Easter. Huge feat but hey a girl's gotta have challenges. I've submitted 6 queries so far (yeah not many I know), received two rejections, a request for an on spec piece, request for a piece with no payment, and received from an editor a potential market to send a piece that was rejected.

No comments:

Post a Comment