Tuesday, June 16, 2009

One Unfine June Day

Summer has started in Poland, yet it feels like it's autumn instead. It's wet, raining and so depressing I can't stand looking outside, might have to change my desk around to face a wall with a pretty picture painted on it.

Middle of June and it's about 12 degrees outside. Yesterday it was 30. This rapid change of weather is driving me crazy and everyone else around me. There's a continuous run of the sniffles, shivers and it's difficult to plan what to wear to work when the weather is this awful. All I want to do is sunbathe a little, work on my tan, and relax in the sun, that's what one is supposed to do during the summer. Right now I'm wondering if we're going to get any at all.

Luckily I took my washing in last night. But that's another story, not meant for today. And my aunt's cat gave birth for the fifth time in the last 24 months, to four brand new kittens. I'm not a fan of cats but my younger cousins are pretty excited.

So what is one to do in Poland when it's cold and wet outside? One thing is to snuggle in a warm jumper, watch a good movie or snuggle up to your partner. He's at work, darn it. Oh well, I guess I just have to keep on working and hope that tomorrow the sun will shine and I won't be freezing my butt of in summer.

The internet connection isn't working very well either. Bummer. I've got some many emails to send and pictures to put up. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to be able to put up photos again.

OK, now that I'm done with the complaining it's time to start writing again, and TEFL lesson plans for tomorrow. Might be a good idea to get started on report writing too, all the students reports are due next week. So much work and so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment