Monday, February 1, 2010

Goodbye January, Hello February

Well it's the start of a new month. February is finally here and I'm glad that January is over and done with. Not that it was a bad month or anything, it was actually pretty good but when you're in Poland and it's above -20 degrees and there's lots of snow and you have to get up at 5;30 to go to work than it's a completely different story.

In February the days begin to drag for longer. It no longer goes dark at 3;30 in the afternoon so that you're able to glimpse a little bit more of the natural light and even sun light if we're lucky enough to get a sunny winter day. I prefer those, even though if it's sunny, it gets even frostier at night but at least there's usually no wind, rain or snow fall.

February has started on a roll. I love it when on Monday's, and especially when it's the beginning of a new month I get very productive. Today's productivity is on a medium to high level. I've written a few articles, a couple of queries, some follow ups I taught English in the city before coming back home to do a lesson wiht my younger cousin as she is on school holidays and we have more time to work on her English over the next two weeks. Which I hope we will. This also means I have more time to write as a number of my students have taken leave to go away with their children.

I love February. Even though it's cold and snowy, there are many birthday's and name's days (celebrated in Poland), as well as Valentine's Day. There's so much to do, gifts to buy for family and friends and maybe even find the time to build a snowman or have a snow ball fight. It's 28 days where anything can happen. I'm counting on making February a creative and productive month that will set the pace for the rest of the year.

How was the first day of the month for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment