Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tuesday Rant

Working from home. Earning thousands a week. Loving every moment. Taking holidays twice a year and frequent weekends away. Hitting the gym most days. Running through the forest at weekends. Spending Sunday mornings reading the paper and enjoying breakfast in bed. Shopping with friends in the afternoon and trying new restaurants mid week. I would be a liar if I said I don't do any of those things.

I take holidays and I even manage a few weekends away. A quarter my time I spend working from home. I often read magazines in the paper. I go shopping with friends and often try new cafes and restaurants. The gym is a regular place to be on Saturdays, and there's a forest at the end of the street (on both sides).

So the only thing missing is earning thousands a week. But I can work on that, can't I?

So why am I still complaining?

My theory is that it's cold outside. The first week of snow was beautiful. Now it's becoming a pain in the backside. There's a heap of snow everywhere and I can't remember the last time I spent a day in a pair of dry shoes. It's impossible not to get them wet when you're constantly walking on snow. The sky is grey, I haven't been able to go for a run in the past three weeks for numerous reasons.

Is that enough reason?

I could go on but it's not going to achieve anything. Instead I'd like to think about all those positive things that are around me and should be enough reason to stop complaining. My partner, my family, my friends, my health, my job, and everything else that is in my life.
Much better now. Time to go back to writing.

How's the winter weather working on you?

No comments:

Post a Comment