Sunday, May 2, 2010

II Bieg Zoo, Warsaw

Yesterday at 10am, 1000 people from all over Poland joined together to participate in the second 10km Bieg Zoo in Praga, Warsaw. While the weather was in our favour, the morning was filled with sweaty smiles, laughter and exhaustion. A combination enjoyed by many runners.
Running is one of those sports where everyone is equal. No one is judged by their occupation, income levels, age or likes and dislikes. Everyone on this day is a runner and there for the same thing, to give it their best and have a good time. Some people beat records, others are happy to finish the race. The atmosphere was great regardless of the rain.





While I had fun, this was one of my lousiest runs. My body somehow failed me but I managed to finish with a time of 52:17 minutes. At one point I had nausea, stomach ache and a stitch at the same time which slowed me down incredibly. Why? I'm guessing it was the large breakfast I had on the morning of the race. Next time, I'll remember to eat less before the race. Jarek finished with a great time of 46:32.




No comments:

Post a Comment