Saturday, May 8, 2010

Taking Your Own Advice

Why is it always easier to give others advice but when it comes to taking our own it just doesn't happen. I'm beginning to wonder whether or not I'm looking at life a little bit inappropriately. Being born under the sign of the Pig, I am a Taurus. Taurus's are stubborn, love life and food, like to get what they want and can be temperamental. I am all those things with little boundaries. They also like the fine things in life and to be surrounded by people they can be proud of. When this does not happen, life can go haywire for some Taurus's. And if they aren't satisfying their life expectations every day, things get nasty.

I've noticed in recent months that things are getting nasty for me. The people around me are driving me crazy. I see their imperfections and I realise that some of the things I dislike in them, are actually the things I can't stand about myself. As a result I feel down most of the time and feel like packing my suitcase and disappearing.

The problem? Me, really. I've stopped doing the things that I love and moving in the direction that I want to go in.

The solution? Get off my ass, start dong the things that matter to me and stop caring about what others think. Until I am happy with who I am and what I'm doing, nothing will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment