Sunday, September 5, 2010

A brief update

I haven’t been motivated to write on this blog for a while now. I guess I’m uncertain of the direction I want it to take. At first I considered it to be a blog about life in Poland as well as my writing journey and that’s not a bad idea but I do need to make it a more regular activity. I’d like to promote Poland a little. It’s a beautiful country from an ecological perspective. No venomous snakes and spiders that you have to worry about when you go wandering in the forest. I’m going to try and make an effort to post at least once a week.


Recent updates are that the Polish government needs a lot of work. The fact that Poland is a part of the EU is saving it from an internal battlefield. I feel uncomfortable with what is going on between PO and PIS and their supporters. What happened with the cross outside the Presidential Palace in Krakowskie Przedmiescie was a joke. It got so much media coverage that the nation forgot about more important things like the floods that have jeopardized the livelihood of thousands of Poles. Komorowski won the election and Kaczynski has shown his true personality now that the race for President is over. No surprise since it’s virtually impossible to change your persona over night and do it genuinely. Whether things are going to improve is anyone’s guess. The government and all its Ministers need to start taking responsibility for their actions and actually do something instead of falling asleep, pointing fingers and earning money, well, for pretty much doing nothing. Palikot has been in the news recently. While many people don’t like him, he definitely gets my vote. If he toned down his blatant attitude just a little bit I think that he could really go a long way. A politician like him would take control and slowly but surely solve the many problems that surround Polish politics, society and economy.


On a personal note I have been very busy over the past two month. Writing articles and trying to finish my novel. Enjoying the summer with a bit of traveling. Training for a marathon. Cooking. Relaxing. Forgetting to write on the blog. It’s been a busy few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment