Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Computer troubles

As a writer my Internet usage is very high. Unless I’m on holidays I’m constantly doing something on the Internet or on the computer in general. Writing. Researching. Reading. Surfing. When the computer starts playing up my blood pressure rises. The area I live in has a poor Internet connection even though it’s classified as Warsaw. Go figure. The capital city and I can’t get fast Internet just some slow crap. It just stops halfway through uploading something. Or cuts out completely for no apparent reason. Recently it’s begun to shut down all the Internet pages I’m using. To say it’s getting on my nerves is a understatement. Frequently, I change the rooms in which I work to get a better connection.


Last week my lap top started making funny noises. I’ve had it for almost two years and apparently the computer repair guy told me that after one year it has a right to start breaking down. Yikes. So does that mean that I have to have a few thousand ready every year or so to get a new lap top. That’s crazy. And the Internet connection? Do I have to move to the centre of town to be able to get decent Internet speed?


Other than that, I can’t imagine not working on my lap top but it definitely is time for a new one. Maybe I’ll treat myself to a Macbook Pro for Christmas if I behave and get my work done to satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment