Monday, May 11, 2009

Holidays

Holidays, everyone is talking about them. Planning, booking, paying, departing and talking about what a great time they had.
Mm, maybe it's time to plan my own.
Jarek has informed me that he is going for nine days to his annual Krav Maga training camp. I'm not welcome. No girlfriends allowed. I'm not offended. That's nine days I can spend the way I want to, and while it's still a few months away, I plan to travel.
The great thing about living in Warsaw is that I can catch a train or bus and be in another European city within hours. Since 2004, this has become much easier and stress free. No visas or passport required.
So if he's off to Ustka on the Baltic Sea for nine days of being put through hell with all day training, followed by all day drinking. I won't be sitting around at home waiting.
At this point I'm thinking Vienna. The return train ticket is fairly cheap and it takes only a few hours to get there. I might get a friend to join me and it will be double the fun. Or there's the weekend spa I've been thinking about. So many things to do, so little time.
The best thing to do is to book your winter holidays in the summer and your summer holidays in the winter. By booking so far in advance you can take the opportunity of huge savings, even up to fifty per cent. No point in waiting around for the holidays to roll around.
Of course there's also the last minute choice with great deals offered if you're not much of a planner.

No comments:

Post a Comment