Friday, January 8, 2010

Anything is Possible...Right?



It's another cold day. On the way to work I got splashed with muddy snow all over my white jacket. The train was twenty minutes later and extremely crowded with no breathing space. I had one lesson in the morning, ran some errands and was back at home around noon.
Now once again I am wasting time, sitting on under the duvet in bed, listening to Pink's latest CD, and trying to get some writing done. I need to try harder.

Yesterday was a good day. Thanks to following up I sold an article, signed the agreement and sent off the invoice all within 30 minutes of following up with the editor. If only all the submissions and follow ups went so smoothly. A great start to the year.

Here's a crazy idea. A goal of selling one article per week. Mm, sounds interesting. Challenging and almost impossible. But is it? I've sold one for the first week of January. Can I sell another one in the next seven days? Tempting. What would I have to do? Well, submit more queries and finished articles, essays and short stories every day. That's not so hard is it? One of my goals for this year was to get at least 50 published credits to my name. One a week. With a ten per cent acceptance rate I would need to send 10 queries per week.

Scary. But hey why not? I've nothing to lose. So here goes.

Three hours later I have three query drafts that I am working on. Just a few details to check before I send them off.

And I'm done for the day. Now I'm off to relax for an hour or so before heading off to my final TEFL lesson for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment