Sunday, January 10, 2010

This week's summary

I've set goals, I've written, I've taught, I even managed to sneak in two 10km runs on the treadmill as I'm not prepared for running in the snow, and I fit shopping into the week.

Am I on track with my writing goals? Well, sort of.

Five queries later I am waiting for responses and coming up with more article ideas. Instead of getting easier it just gets harder. The inner critic gets stronger and stronger. But it's important to persevere. Fortunately my partner has been very supportive and has lots of words of encouragement when I hit a slump. Or if that fails, I reread all the positive feedback I've received to boost my writing confidence.

How do you deal with your inner critic?

There's lots to do in the upcoming week. So I'm off to finish of some lesson plans, eat dinner and take the rest of the day off to relax. It is Sunday after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment