Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bye bye '09, Welcome '10

The year has started, it's already five days in and I am falling off track. What am I doing with my writing? I've started rewriting my novel in progress and the process feels like swimming through thick mud. Every word is so difficult. There are still scenes that need to be reworked, added and deleted to make it work. During some moments it's rather depressing but I must persist. Persistence is the only key to success. Along with continuous education. Continuous education in many fields. Especially with writing, continuously writing in order to make rapid improvements.
I would like to say that persistence always pays off in the way that we want it to. Unfortunately that's not always the case. Usually but not always. Success comes from hard work and persistence, combined with talent and luck. All four are required in order to achieve. However, even hard work, persistence, talent and luck may not be enough on their own. At first it may seem like a lost cause, but eventually it does happen. In one way or another the hard work and persistence pays off. At least that's the way I see it. The people who say they fail are usually the ones that have given up without giving it an adequate go. Over the past two years there have been many times when I thought about giving up. I'm glad I didn't. I'm going to persist until I get to where I want to be and beyond.

2009 has finished. Last year was a tricky year for many people. It was a difficult year. One that many will want to forget and move on from. It is also a year that taught many lessons to many people, including me. Lessons in love, life and finance. Lessons in friendship, trust and education. Last year I spent too much money, didn't laugh enough, didn't learn enough, went out to little, spend too few moments with my family and friends, wasn't thankful enough, and didn't bite my tongue and keep my mouth shut often enough, nor did I write as much as I wanted to or was as active as I hoped to be. All my fault of course.

2010 is a year I hope to do the right thing, whatever that is. My goal is to be a better writer, friend, partner, daughter, teacher, athlete, person. I'm not sure how that's all going to work. I do know that it's not going to be smooth sailing. There will be difficult moments but there will also be moments I won't want to forget which will push me past the tough times and get me through it all.

What do you want from yourself in 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment