Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Staying Fit for Health & Creativity

I've mentioned that I run frequently. I find running not only keeps me fit and healthy but also boosts my creativity level. Usually when I hit the pavement or the treadmill my mind clears so that when I'm done I can get back to work without feeling overwhelmed. Plus it allows me to enjoy all the simple pleasures in life – red wine, cheese, chocolate, Italian food and curries. Yummy.
Now I'm training for the Warsaw Half Marathon in March.
Recently I've noticed that the more regular my running and training is, the easier the writing flows. I recommend any type of exercise to clear your mind and unlock your creativity.

On a more current news, yesterday, the Great Christmas Aid Orchestra played for the 18th time in a nation-wide money raising event for children's hospitals around the country. They raised over 36 million zloty, which is just under 1 zloty per person in Poland. That's not a lot to give, but when added up it can help thousands of children around the country who suffer from illness or disability. This is a non government and non profit event that is supported by millions of Poles. It's a shame that the government can't do something positive and non profit for its citizens, instead it chooses to take from them. Alone it's difficult to make a difference, together when people unite they can do enormous things.

No comments:

Post a Comment