Friday, March 14, 2014

Day 14: Making Dreams Come True

I’m a dreamer. Always have been. Always will be. I also believe that dreams can come true, but only when they transform into goals and then become actionable steps. 

One of my problems has been working straight from the computer. I’m a bit old school and I like printed paper. While I do enjoy typing straight onto the screen, there are some things that I need the feel of a pen or pencil between my fingertips and a piece of paper or fancy notebook in front of me. The same goes for reading, yes I like the kindle, and I don’t mind perusing articles and stories on the Internet, but having the printed matter in front of me slows down my reading speed and ensures that I actually read the words rather than just scan and forget. 

I’m a writer. Heck, the past two weeks I’ve written over 20,000 words. A combination of free writing, novel work, blog posts and articles. I love it. I feel so much better after having written that it seems crazy for me not to do it. But my dream is to make a good living as a writer. How do I define a good living? To earn over $100,000 per annum. 


Friday afternoon has arrived and I’m still motivated to get the show on the road. I’m tired from the week but I’m ready to have a productive weekend too. Queries are going to be sent out. Blog posts are going to be written and posted. The novel is going to get worked on. And I’m still going to find time to relax, read, cook, and do the antenatal classes. I may even try to attempt to do some study too, and wash the carpets if I’m feeling really domesticated.

Tonight’s task is to print off markets that pay online and start brainstorming ideas. I just need to go one by one down the list. Pick a market, come up with an idea, write the query or article, edit it, rewrite, submit. Then repeat. Easy.


What are you doing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment