Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Day 5: Getting Things Done

I have a day off work today. Unpaid mind you but necessary. I am physically and mentally exhausted The physical exhaustion comes from sitting behind a desk for 8 hours per day (something needs to change), and mentally drained from the boredom and dissatisfaction of my job (I like the company I’m over my role). 

The day started off with 30 minutes of gentle yoga followed by breakfast with my partner. Scrambled eggs on toast, a glass of water with lemon. Pretty standard. Nice to eat breakfast together mid week. Baby is kicking and it’s time to get productive. 

I’m sitting in the recliner chair with my feet up instead of my home office (gotta love water retention in the feet in pregnancy...NOT), staying elevated helps minimise the swelling and well at 29 weeks I gotta stay comfortable. It’s just after 9am and I have managed to publish two posts on my personal finance site. That’s task one and two out of the way. I’m tempted to play around with the template but I’m going to hold off until I’ve been a little bit more productive. 

Follow ups for three queries I sent at the end of January have been sent. Yay. I’ve been putting them off. It’s just an email, what in the world am I afraid of? It’s really not that hard. Note to self: Must block the negativity out whilst writing, it’s very unproductive.

Procrastination has set it. I’m not going to let it win this time around. The morning was a warm with three tasks achieved. It’s just before 10am. I’m going to get up, stretch, fill up my glass of water with lemon, charge my computer and work on the next task at hand. Procrastination be gone!

Then came the SMS. 

Coffee? 

Mm, I haven’t had mine yet. Sounds like a plan. And so after brainstorming and outlining a couple of query ideas, I shut everything down, locked up the house and walked to the coffee shop - at least there’s my other ‘to do’ item ticked off, a 30 minute walk. Yay!

So the coffee with a friend was great. Three hours later I was home and wondering where the time had flown. It was nice to catch up, enjoy a slice of cheesecake which I forgot to snap a photo of and wake up with my long black with cold milk. In between I also managed to shop, t-shirt and cardigan for the cooler months ahead. 

Productivity today has been on and off. The next item ticked off the list is making dinner - Moussaka. Traditionally it’s made with lamb but neither J nor I are big fans of lamb so I chose turkey mince instead. Still tastes great and keeps everyone happy. 

I wonder, do my three follow ups count towards my quota? Umm, no they do not. 


Finally, after several months I responded to a guest blogging request on my personal finance website. I’ve been slack. Baby brain getting the better of me. I haven’t been checking the emails which is extremely unprofessional. The day finished with posting on my running blog

That's 7 items ticked off today's 'to do' list. Not bad, not bad at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment