Friday, March 28, 2014

Day 28: Writing Projects Keep the Muse Alive


You know that feeling where you sit down down, turn on your lap top, open up a word document or your writing journal and stare at a blank page not knowing what to write. Yep. That’s exactly how I feel this morning. I want to write but my brain seems blocked. 

Solution.

Have multiple writing projects on the go at any one time so that when you’re feeling blocked on one you can skip to another and continue to churn out the words. That way you don’t feel defeated. 

And if nothing works.

It means it’s time to step away from the page. Go for a walk. Watch an episode of Scandal. Dust off the gym membership. Bake a three course meal. Call a friend. Make a cuppa, put your feet up and read. Whatever. Just get away. 


I’m currently working on several projects. A personal finance website, a health and fitness website, and brainstorming ideas for a travel website. These are the topics that I want to focus on: personal finance, health & fitness, and travel. Parenting will make its way in there too I’m sure given that I”m going to become a first time mum in less than two months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment