Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day 25: Every excuse in the book


I’ve been writing every day for nearly two months now. It started off slowly. But after two months it’s become a habit and I feel frustrated and annoyed if I don’t write. Even if it’s just a sentence or two, I want to be writing every day. 

I’m also guilty of using excuses. Excuses not to write. Excuses not to do any marketing. Excuses not to become successful. Silly isn’t it. Why would you jeopardise your own chances of succeeding in something you love doing? If a friend complained about doing just that I’d tell her to get her shit together and start believing in herself - in a nicer way of course - or not, I’d probably say it in the fashion. 

So why aren’t I taking my own advice? Well, I can list a dozen excuses but I’m not going to. Excuses suck and they are counterproductive. 

Reasons are much better. Reasons to do something. Reasons to write. Reasons to market. Reasons to become successful. 

I love writing.
Writing gives me a sense of freedom of expression.
Not writing is more frustrating then digging through writer’s block. 

Marketing is a writer’s necessity if they want to be published. 
Marketing will get my work in the public eye.
Without marketing, I’m only writing for myself. 

My success is purely dependent on me.
I will be happy if I can be successful in what I love doing.
Success is hard work, it’s a journey not just a destination. 


What are your excuses for not doing something? What are your reasons for doing them? Which ones are you going to pay more attention to?

No comments:

Post a Comment