Monday, March 3, 2014

Day 3: Slow starts

I feel like I’m forgetting something. Something important. Oh that’s right. I was supposed to get five or so queries out over the weekend. It didn’t happen. Instead I had fun, relaxed, chilled, explored and just was. It was nice. Sometimes you need that. A change of pace. Instead of go-go-go all the time, sitting back and enjoying the ride is just fine from time to time. 

Now that it’s Monday. It’s time to get back into it. Slowly. No need to over do it today and then suffer burn out on Tuesday. Small steps that’s all it takes. Small steps can lead to big results much faster than speedy action for a day or two and then absolutely nothing for a week. 

There’s a dark cloud hanging over the Gold Coast. On one side, it’s dark and grey and gloomy with rain trickling down from the sky, while on the eastern front the sun is making its way through the darkness, over the ocean, highlighting the highrises still sleeping along the coastal line. I wish I had a camera as the view is just lovely. But when isn’t the view lovely on the Gold Coast. Even when it rains it’s paradise. 

The train is noisy this morning but that doesn’t bother me. I have learnt to work with background noises and people sitting around me. It’s noisy but I can still hear the keys as I type. Sitting in the quiet carriage you hope for silence, this morning so far so good. There’s even a chance I won’t have someone sitting directly next to me which means I can be more comfortable writing without anyone looking over my shoulder. Not that anyone really cares. But you know me self conscious that’s just how it is. 

How am I doing so far?
Is this warm up helping me train my writing muscles for a productive day? I hope so. 

There’s so much I want to do and write and earn. That’s right earn too. I don’t want this writing gig to just be a hobby. I want it to be something more. A career that keeps me happy and allows my bank account to grow. But how? Hard work and marketing. It will happen. Slowly, but surely it will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment