Thursday, March 27, 2014

Day 27: Highs & lows

There will be highs and there will be lows. We need to be prepared for both.

I haven't slept properly for the past two nights. Last night was the worst. I tossed and turned from about 12:30am to about 4am. I was checking the clock every forty minutes or so because I couldn't get to sleep. It was ridiculous. I was wide awake but what in the world was I going to do in the middle of night when I had to be up for work in a few short hours?

I finally fell asleep around 4am when J was getting up for work. I fell asleep but kept waking up every half an hour until about 5:30am when I decided to get up, have a shower, eat breakfast and get ready for work.

The universe had other plans.

I felt like shit. Light headed, shaky and exhausted.

I called in sick and stayed in bed till after midday. Then I had a 30 minute nap around 4pm. I felt better.

Now I'm forcing myself to stay up till at least 9pm before heading to bed. I'm tired. I hope that I'll be able to sleep all through the night tonight although given I'm 33 weeks pregnant, it won't be a surprise if I need to get up half way through to go to the bathroom.

I'd like to do some writing but knowing I have to be up bright and early for work my brain is in shut down mode.

So goodnight, tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment